Sixth Form students must be smart and business-like in their appearance. We have found that this certainly helps with their mindset and plays a role in them being focussed on their studies, as well as providing a lift in maturity and self-regulation.
DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS: Applicable to male and female students
The 4 S's Dress Code:
- Smart skirts/dress/trousers - No jeans or leggings
- Shirt/Blouse - No cropped tops, off the shoulder or T shirts. Formal occasions require tie to be worn.
- Shoes – no trainers.
- Suit style jacket to be worn on formal occasions.
- No Jeans
- No Leggings
- No Trainers
- No extremes of hairstyle.
- Jewellery is limited to modest earrings, necklaces and bracelets; in particular no facial piercing is allowed.
- No artificial facial enhancements.
This dress code is designed to keep The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School Sixth Formers smart and business like in their approach to school.
Students who do not meet dress code requirements will be warned, and at a second offence risk being sent home to change before returning to school.