The Douay Martyrs Sixth Form is an inclusive comprehensive Catholic Sixth Form.
Sixth Form students make consistently good and sometimes exceptional progress. Sixth Form students benefit from high-quality teaching and a curriculum which is appropriate to their needs.
- The leadership of the sixth form is good.
- There is strong leadership capacity in the sixth form to drive improvements further.
- Leaders manage the programmes of study for students thoughtfully.
- Students who met with inspectors said they were pleased they had stayed in school for the sixth form. Most students go on to high-quality destinations in education or employment.
- Students appreciate the strong family environment in the sixth form.
- There is an exceptionally wide range of enrichment opportunities which helps students to develop personal and social skills. Student retention between Year 12 and Year 13 is high because of this support.
- Teachers have strong subject knowledge.
OFSTED QUOTES - OCTOBER 2018
The Douay Martyrs Sixth Form offers high quality education and training to students aged 16–19 years old. The students in our Sixth Form have had outstanding results with students making excellent progress between GCSE and A Level. Sixth Form is a place where all our students can enjoy success in a friendly and supportive environment. Teachers and students work in a partnership and we have high expectations, and we believe that by working together we can ensure the best possible results for each individual. We offer a wide range of A-Level and Vocational courses, which run over 2 years. We also provide numerous opportunities for students to get involved with wider learning, leadership, volunteering, charitable and community projects.
The ethos of our Sixth Form is to ensure our students leave The Douay Martyrs sixth form with qualifications that match their personal interests and career aspirations and ensuring each individual develops the social and interpersonal skills to lead happy and productive lives.
- Quality teaching and results.
- A wide range of courses, academic as well as vocational.
- A friendly, happy and supportive environment.
- A rich programme of activities.
- A full programme of higher education and careers advice and support.
Mr D Patel
Assistant Head Teacher: Head of Sixth Form