Place 2 Be - SHOUT
SHOUT – SUPPORT FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
“Text P2B” – information for pupils (For external link click here)
About Text P2B
Free, confidential support available 24/7 Text HELP is a new type of support that we are offering for all students in Place2Be secondary schools, powered by our trusted partners, Crisis Text Line. If you need urgent support, you can text P2B to 85258 anytime, day or night.
Text P2B is open 24/7, is free to use, and a trained volunteer will aim to reply to you within 5 minutes.
You can stop the conversation at any time by texting STOP.
Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile, Telecom Plus, Lebara, iD Mobile and Sky Mobile.
All texts are confidential – this means that no one will know that you have texted us, and anything you say stays private unless we are concerned for your immediate safety.
1. How do I use it? If you need urgent help, simply text P2B to 85258. We will aim to respond within 5 minutes.
2. What will happen when I send a text? The volunteer will introduce themselves, listen to you, and invite you to share at your own pace. You’ll text back and forth, only sharing what you feel comfortable with. By asking questions, listening to you and responding with support, they will help you sort through your feelings until you both feel you are now in a calm, safe place.
3. Is it free? Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile, Telecom Plus, Lebara, iD Mobile and Sky Mobile. If you are texting from a Samsung Galaxy handset, you may receive a notification that you will be charged. However, if you are with one of the networks listed above, you will not be charged even if you receive this message.
4. Will it show up on my phone bill? If you are texting from any of the networks listed above, your texts will not show up on your phone bill, even if it is itemised. At the moment, we cannot confirm that if you are with a mobile operator that is not listed above that your messages will be free and will not appear on your phone bill. We are working on getting this fixed.
5. Can I text the Place2Be manager or counsellor from my school? The support is provided by specially trained volunteers through Crisis Text Line. You will not be able to text someone from Place2Be.
6. Will my parents/carers/teachers/Place2Be know that I’ve text in? The support is confidential, so no-one will know unless we believe that you are in immediate danger or at risk of abuse, harm or neglect. If this happens Crisis Text Line will call emergency services to help you.
7. What if I’m in primary school but I want to text in? You can still use the service if you need urgent help, but you might find it useful to look at other support designed for pupils your age, such as Childline (available online or by calling 08001111).
8. What if I’m abroad but want to text? This service is designed to be used in the UK. If you are due to be abroad for an extended period of time, it may be worth looking into local options for support