The Drama Department runs an array of extra-currular activities, to enrich the wider learning experiences of the students. These include the following:
|Lower School Drama Club||Year 7 & 8 students are invited to attend Drama Club delivered by Sixth Form students. This takes place during lunch times. The students explore additional Drama Skills to further their curriculum learning. A recent project involved students devising a piece of theatre inspired by Roald Dahl's 'Revolting Rhymes'.|
|Upper School Curriculum Support||GCSE/A Level students are provided with the opportunity to develop skills for written examination purposes, and rehearse/enrich performance skills for practical performance examinations.|
|Tech Club||Students can go behind the scenes and learn about Technical theatre. Students have the opportunity to work with professional sound and lighting equipment, and join the DMS Technical Crew for Whole School Performing Arts projects. Led by Mr Khutan and Mr Parker (Technical Theatre Specialists) this is an alernative club which can prepare students for careers in Technical Theatre. Please refer to attachment below for further information.|
|NT Club||The Drama Department has registered for the 'National Theatre: On Demand: In Schools' streaming video service. This allows schools to stream an array of National Theatre productions to students at school. Led by Miss Ferguson, the club allows students to watch a production over a series of weekly sessions. Dates of viewings for productions will be published via the school website and via the tutor programme. All Year 10-13 students are welcome to attend, although some of the productions do have age restrictions which will be adhered to by the school. Once again, this information will be included in the notifications. Please refer to attachment below for futher information.|
Theatre Enrichment: The Drama Department also strives to provide opportunities for students in all year groups to have an enrichment experience. This may involve Theatre Visits, Theatre Tours, and Creative Arts Days. Previous experiences have included:
- Year 7: ‘Wendy and Peter’ (The RSC) / Backstage tour of The Compass Theatre (Ickenham).
- Year 8: Creative Arts Day - Students explore Careers within the British Film Industry. Competition winners on the day win an opportunity to visit ‘The Harry Potter Studios’ at Leavesdon as a result of their impressive contributions.
- Year 9: 'Bugsy Malone’ (Lyric, Hammersmith)
- GCSE Drama Visits: 'War Horse’ (New London Theatre) / ‘The Woman in Black’ (Fortune Theatre) / ‘Shakespeare in Love’ (Noel Coward Theatre) / ‘The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time’ (Gielgud Theatre).
- A Level Drama & Theatre Studies visits: ‘The Master Builder’ (Old Vic) / ‘Institute’ (Gecko) / ‘Jane Eyre’ (Royal National Theatre) / ‘Yerma’ (Young Vic).
Live theatre is magical. It inspires me like nothing else I can describe
For further information, please contact email@example.com